E-safety – how to use a computer safely
- Programming – using variables, inputs, outputs variables, selection, loops and identifying errors
- Computer Hardware – internal & external devices, input & output Devices
- Computer Software – system software, utility software & application software
- Spreadsheets – formatting, formulae & functions, sorting & filtering, making graphs.
- Website Design – designing & making websites using HTML code.
- Data Representation –Binary, denary & hexadecimals.
- E-safety – good e-housekeeping, internet safety, encryption & dealing with malware
- Computational Thinking – decomposition & design using flow-diagrams
- Programming – dry-run testing & trace-tables, iteration, lists, subroutines
- Spreadsheets – advanced functions, modelling data
- Databases – tables, forms, queries, relationships & reports
- Logic – logic gates & truth tables
- Data Representation - how we represent instructions, character-sets, images & sound as data.
- Computational Thinking – abstraction, decomposition, algorithmic thinking & identifying patterns
- Programming – string handling, file handling & exception handling
- Algorithms – search & sort algorithms
- Spreadsheets – macros & mail-merge
- Databases – SQL
- Legislation – data protection regulation, computer misuse act, copyright designs & patents & regulation of investigatory powers acts
- Computing Ethics - how emerging technology may affect the environment, people and society